Le’Andria Johnson is a gospel singer and songwriter who has started, and is serving as a pastor in Imperfect People Changing Ministries of Atlanta. Similar to the name of her Ministry, Le’Andria has been criticised to be ‘imperfect’ but she sees beauty in her imperfection. But what more do you know about this unconventional pastor?
Stay tuned as you’re going to learn more about her personal life, family, career and finally, her net worth. Buckle up and get ready, as you may get some surprise encounters! If you are all set, let us begin!
About Le’Andria Johnson
Le’Andria Johnson started gaining attention as a gospel singer after becoming the title winner of Sunday Best. Her coronation song at the Sunday Best, I Shall Leap Into My Destiny, bagged first place in the Billboard Chart of Gospels. She started releasing various gospel albums after Sunday Best.
She pioneered Imperfect People Changing Ministries and currently serves as a pastor there. In addition, she instituted iProgress, a philanthropic mission to help the poor in Atlanta. iProgress distributes Bible, clothing, food and gifts in Atlanta every month.
Early Life And Family
The gospel legend was born to Gregory Jhonson and Sharon Johnson on 23rd January 1983 in Palatka city of Florida. Her father, Gregory Jhonson, was a bishop in HQ Ministries, Altamonte Springs, and her mother, Sharon, was a pastor. Le’Andria began expressing her talent in singing gospels when she was just two years old. She had sung in her father’s church and later became its worship leader.
She was under substantial financial burden after her divorce. That time, she had three kids and decided to participate in the audition of Sunday Best, seeking to improve her condition. Her family members and friends helped her attend the Sunday Best audition, and her clothing reflected her monetary crisis. She was on the brink of elimination due to her poor appearance. But she was voted through after her first performance. Finally, she became the title winner of Sunday Best.
She married Forrest Walker in 2013 and has five children as of now. Her brother, Gregory A Johnson, expired in November 2016.
Career And Major Milestones
Significant milestones in the life of Le’Andria Johnson include:
- In 2010, Le’Andria Johnson became the title winner of Sunday Best.
- In 2011, she released her first extended play album, The Awakening of Le’Andria Johnson.
- In the same year, she released her first-ever holiday album, Christmas Best.
- Again in 2011, she received the Digital Gospel Music Awards for the Best Gospel Artist (Female).
- In 2012, she released The Experience, her first-ever studio album.
- In the same year, she won the Grammy Awards for the Best Gospel.
- In 2013, she won the Stellar Awards for the Best New Artist and Best Female Vocalist.
- In 2015, she began filming with a reality show- Preachers of Atlanta, that featured five unconventional preachers based in Atlanta.
- In 2016, she won the Steeple Awards for the Best Artist of the Year (Female).
A Few Things You Didn’t Know About Le’Andria Johnson.
- Le’Andria Johnson was once criticized by the Christian community for singing gospels when she was drunk.
- In 2015, she criticized the church and the hypocrisies of certain Christian personalities who claimed to be living a Biblical life in a Periscope broadcast.
- She was criticized for distributing contraceptives and cigarettes in Atlanta during charity activities.
Net Worth of Le’Andria Johnson
According to the latest updates, the net worth of Le’Andria Jonson is $1.25 million. Music shows, gospel performances and concerts form the primary source of her income.